Something worth fighting for
Love, Nature, Happiness.
He who has a why to live can bear with almost any how.
What is demanded of man is not to endure the meaninglessness of life, but rather to bear his incapacity to grasp its unconditional meaningfulness in rational terms.
Viktor E. Frankl
A human being is not one thing among others; things determine each other, but man is ultimately self-determining. What he becomes—withing the limits of endowment and environment—he has made out of himself.
Viktor E. Frankl
- Love. Build a family.
- Travel. Experience life.
- Never stop creating, learning, observing, understanding.
- Build or work for a positive organization.
- Drive my own Ferrari on a race track (offset carbon emissions).
- Live in a zero-energy building.
- Make a positive contribution toward the protection of the environment.
- Speak or perform for an audience.
- Be a mentor to someone.
- Never give up and stay true to my values.
The same wind blows on us all. The difference in arrival is not in the blowing of the wind, but the setting of the sail.
Back to Top
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
William Earnest Henley, 1875